Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/02 15:46:11 UTC

[DISCUSS][PROPOSAL] cleanup repo

As we are changing our review process I want to clean up the
repository at apache getting rid of stale branches. Of course the
release branches of old releases should stay, but a lot of old
branches have been merged at unknown places in the master or old
release branches. I want to propose to delete them as much as
possible.

- I want to delete any branch that has no commits newer then one year old
- I want to ask the last commiter on any branch with commits newer
then one year to review if 'their' branch can be removed
- All branches that are merged back are to remain untouched.

ideally only the branches 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 and master will
remain as branches HEAD. This is unfortunately not true for some older
releases that were never merged back into their respective release
branches. Any work in progress will of course not be touched.

comments?
--
Daan

RE: [DISCUSS][PROPOSAL] cleanup repo

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.
+1

I believe we are saying these branches will no longer have any future releases; that they are technically EOM/EOL.

Regards,
Somesh

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Boris Schrijver <bo...@pcextreme.nl>.
+1

Best regards,

Boris Schrijver

TEL: +31633784542
MAIL: boris@pcextreme.nl

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
+1

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: [DISCUSS][PROPOSAL] cleanup repo

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
I will, Sebastien. I know that some of this is gems. A lot of it has been
merged or really abandoned and superseded by other code. I know you and
Pierre-Luc are working on docker so I would definitely inquire with you
guys about this branch.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
I’d just be a bit careful here.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.