Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Song Lin <so...@oracle.com> on 2000/11/08 04:34:19 UTC

Can't start Apache1.3 with mod_jk

Hi,

We have built Tomcat3.2.6, Apache1.3 on Solaris2.6.
We have successfully built mod_jk so with following command:
    apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I/usr/local/packages/jdk1.2/include \
    -I/usr/local/packages/jdk1.2/include/solaris  -I../jk/  -c  *.c
../jk/*.c
However, we encountered the following error when we tried to start
apache with mod_jk :
    Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server:
ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd:
   fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so:
symbol fdatasync: referenced symbol
   not found

Some one has suggested to resolve this by adding -Iposix4 to the
compiling command line. But I got the same error by doing this. Anyone
has the same problem on SOLARIS and know how to solve it?

Thanks,
--Song

Re: Can't start Apache1.3 with mod_jk

Posted by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org>.
> Some one has suggested to resolve this by adding -Iposix4 to the
> compiling command line. But I got the same error by doing this. Anyone
> has the same problem on SOLARIS and know how to solve it?

Try lower case -l (ell) rather then -I for including the libaray. It
worked for me.