Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Mathias Conradt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 03:14:14 UTC

URLs not crawled in order (referring to URL list)

I created my URL list file from my Google sitemap with all URLs in it, and
then set the depth of the crawler to 1, so I don't want the crawler to
follow any sublinks.
When I look at the log, I found that the crawler doesn't follow the URL list
line by line, but randomly. Is there a reason why it doesn't do so?
Or do I actually have to set the depth to 0 instead of 1 ?

(Because the crawling process takes a while, I wanted to check by the log,
at which URL the crawler is at at the moment, but couldn't do it.)

Re: URLs not crawled in order (referring to URL list)

Posted by Mathias Conradt <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your quick reply.
Oh yes, i just see, it runs with 10 threads.

Posted by Winton Davies <wd...@cs.stanford.edu>.
This is probably either because of the Injection process (it takes
the list of URLs and inserts them into the fetchlist, presumably
introducing some other sort order rather than just your file list
ordeer), or because you have multiple threads (which are
asynchronous) and/or both. I dont know if there is a default of say N
threads, but anyway, this would account for it.

Winton