Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2019/07/13 00:02:06 UTC

Code of Conduct

First, I don’t perceive the logging project as having a problem with people’s code of conduct. But some of the reading I have done has indicated that some people feel more welcomed by communities that publish a code of conduct. I am wondering how you all feel about adding https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.md <https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.md> to our site and then, of course, doing our best to make sure we adhere to it.

I personally am in favor of welcoming anyone who wants to participate in any of the logging projects. Many of them need more attention.

Thoughts?

Ralph

Re: Code of Conduct

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
The reason that ASF guidelines are more useful is that we can iterate over
them, rev it 1.1 or 2.0 and we speak from our own collective experience.

While the authors of a third party CoC could be receptive, it doesn't
follow our development methodology, and we can be blindsided by their edits
in the months or years we aren't paying attention.

If the committee decides to adopt the ASF policy, problems can be fixed.

Cheers

Bill

Re: Code of Conduct

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.