Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2005/02/11 13:53:03 UTC

[digester2] general development strategy

Hi to all Digester types,

You may have seen a fair few commits to digester2 recently that change
fundamental stuff. I just want to point out that it is not my intention
to charge ahead with this without anyone's input; it's just that I don't
see anyone else who really cares to debate these changes with me at the
moment, so it's easier to commit them and see if people shout.

If someone wants to query or debate a change, I'm always happy to have
that discussion and potentially back out or change stuff that's been
committed. And of course when things stabilise more, I'll transition to
a "propose/commit" strategy rather than "commit/commit-more/..." :-)

The changes still generally follow the TO-DO list that's been here for
many months:
  http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Digester/TODO

Regarding the current plans: I still have some work to do cleaning up
CallMethodRule and its CallParam associates. But that should then be the
bulk of the radical changes; the rest is just filling in the bits that
haven't yet been carried over from digester1. In other words, in a week
or so would be a good time for people to have a look at what's there if
they care, as things will be reasonably stable from then on.

Cheers,

Simon