Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2000/03/31 18:40:36 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Cocoon 1.7.2

Hi,

the Cocoon Project development team is very proud to announce the
availability of the 1.7.2 version of the Cocoon XML Publishing Framework
that you can now download in the new distribution archive (please,
update your bookmarks)

        http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/dist

Here is the list of changes (the 1.7.1 version was skipped due to some
packaging problems)

 <release version="1.7.2" date="March 31 2000">
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Changed log setting.
  </action>
  <action dev="DB" type="fix">
   Fixed problem with SQLlib.
  </action>
 </release>

 <release version="1.7.1" date="March 29 2000">
  <action dev="SM" type="update" due-to="Paul Lamb"
due-to-email="paul@oil-law.com">
   Fixed problem with basename evaluation when included into a JSP.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Updated cocoon.properties and added hook to SQL XSP taglib.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="update">
   Improved syntax highlighting capabilities of viewsource.xsp.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix" due-to="Michael French"
due-to-email="mfrench@zycor.lgc.com">
   Patched problem with empty string and the LDAPProcessor.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="update">
   Updated to Xalan 1.0 (finally!).
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add" due-to="Gopinath M.R."
due-to-email="gopi@aztecsoft.com">
   Added XML doclet (consider it alpha).
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add" due-to="Robin Green"
due-to-email="greenrd@hotmail.com">
   Fix in string tokenizers missing single CR or LF.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add" due-to="Peter Mor&aacute;vek"
due-to-email="moravek@pobox.sk">
   Added StringTokenizer replacement due to a bug in
java.util.StringTokenizer.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add" fixes-bug="45" due-to="jon@stimmel.net"
due-to-email="jon@stimmel.net">
   Fixed bug on XSPUtil.cloneNode choking on comments.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add">
   Added logging capabilities to the framework.
  </action>
  <action dev="RR" type="add">
   Added the ability to include taglibs with PIs.
  </action>
  <action dev="RR" type="add">
   Added tablig logicsheet dynamic reloading to XSP.
  </action>
  <action dev="DB" type="add">
   Added SQL XSP taglib.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix" fixes-bug="56">
   Fixed problem with custom classloaders.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Updated Xalan and Xerces to latest version.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Fixed problem with stylesheet reloading when multiple transformations
   are applied on the same pipeline.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add">
   Passed request parameters to Xalan as stylesheet parameters.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Fixed a thread-safety problem with Xalan.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Patched Ant to remove dependency on Sun ProjectX and fixed problem
for
   javadoc not working if tools.jar not set in classpath.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="add">
   Added the ant scripts that were left over from my environment. Now I
removed
   everything from my environment, even the classpath is empty.. so I'll
be
   experiencing more what newbies do. This fixes some problems with
javadoc
   and classpaths not being correct.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Fixed bug in XSP processor that wasn't using URL to find out for
user-defined
   taglib logicsheets.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="update">
   Added version information to stylesheets since Xalan was complaining.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Fixed namespace problem in some of the XSP examples that caused
troubles
   with the newest Xalan.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="update">
   Added Xerces 0.19.5 and updated Ant.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Commented out LDAP processor that caused some problems since the
JNDI.jar
   package is not shipped with Cocoon.
  </action>
  <action dev="SM" type="fix">
   Moved our package in front of the system classpath in the build
scripts
   to avoid versioning conflicts with packages installed on the system.
  </action>
 </release>

Have fun and enjoy!

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.