Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nicolas <st...@oxstone.com> on 2004/10/16 09:46:36 UTC

Manually learnt HAM as SPAM. Can I undo?

Hello,

This morning I made a mistake with spamassassin. I manually learnt
(/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam) an IMPORTANT message as SPAM. I immediately
learnt it as HAM, but is that sufficient?
Do I have to delete all of the bayes tokens I accumulated for over 1
year?

Thanks.
Nicolas.

Re: Manually learnt HAM as SPAM. Can I undo?

Posted by Tobias von Koch <tv...@weltcharts.de>.
Hey,

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:46:36 +0200, Nicolas wrote:

N> This morning I made a mistake with spamassassin. I manually learnt
N> (/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam) an IMPORTANT message as SPAM. I
N> immediately learnt it as HAM, but is that sufficient?
N> Do I have to delete all of the bayes tokens I accumulated for over 1
N> year?

Nope, you're fine. If you RTM, you'd know that:

       --ham
           Learn the input message(s) as ham. If you have previously
           learnt any of the messages as spam, SpamAssassin
           will forget them first, then re-learn them as ham.
           Alternatively, if you have previously learnt them as ham,
           it'll skip them this time around. If the messages have
           already been filtered through SpamAssassin, the learner
           will ignore any modifications SpamAssassin may have made.

tobias

Re: Manually learnt HAM as SPAM. Can I undo?

Posted by Nicolas <st...@oxstone.com>.
On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 07:56:51AM -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 09:46 AM 10/16/2004 +0200, Nicolas wrote:
> >This morning I made a mistake with spamassassin. I manually learnt
> >(/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam) an IMPORTANT message as SPAM. I immediately
> >learnt it as HAM, but is that sufficient?
>
> Yes.. SA uses the bayes_seen database to understand it needs to flip
> completely.
>
> >Do I have to delete all of the bayes tokens I accumulated for over 1
> >year?
>
> If you want to delete them *all* use sa-learn --clear, or if your version
> doesn't support that, rm -f ~/spamassassin/bayes_*.
>
> That will wipe out your bayes db completely.

Thanks to all of you. Everything's allright now.

Thanks!
Nicolas, Paris.

Re: Manually learnt HAM as SPAM. Can I undo?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.