Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Hartley, Brian (PS Swiss)" <br...@hp.com> on 2012/06/15 22:40:08 UTC

Using ApacheDs as a ldap proxy server

Hi.

I want to use ApacheDs to proxy ldap requests. (I am not too sure about my terminology :) )
In fact I want it to take two Active directory servers (one particular OU from each AD, for example) and consolidate this in a single ldap "view"

So ou=users,dc=example1,dc=net will map to ou=one,dc=myldap,dc=net
And ou=users,dc=example2,dc=net will map to ou=two,dc=myldap,dc=net

Is that possible, and if so where can I find some information about configuring it ?

Thanks very much for your help.

Re: Using ApacheDs as a ldap proxy server

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.
We use this Java class and ti appears to work great.
http://www.unboundid.com/products/ldap-sdk/docs/javadoc/com/unboundid/ldap/sdk/examples/LDAPDebugger.html

--
-jim
Jim Willeke