Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gurjinder Bal <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/04 18:10:20 UTC

Plugin problem upgrading 1.1 --> 1.2.4

Hi,

When upgrading from from 1.1 to 1.2.4 the plugin element in the
struts-config seems to start malfunctioning in tha thte set-property ceases
to function.  The setters for the properties never get called.

here is the plugin entry:
  <plug-in className="com.buyacar.config.ConfigPlugin">
    <set-property property="businessDelegatesPath"
value="/WEB-INF/businessdelegateconfig.xml" />
    <set-property property="digesterRulesPath"
value="/WEB-INF/configrules.xml" />
  </plug-in>

here are the property namea in my config implementation (they have setters
too):

public class ConfigPlugin implements PlugIn {
    private static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(ConfigPlugin.class);
    private String businessDelegatesPath = null;
    private String digesterRulesPath = null;

this works fine under 1.1 but does the setters do not get called under 1.2.4

I believe that the TilesPlugin is also being affected - but cannot debug to
make sure.

Is anybody else affected oir is there some gotcha that i need to be aware of
when upgrading.

cheers

Jin Bal

Re: Plugin problem upgrading 1.1 --> 1.2.4

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
I am using both the standard tiles and validator plugins plus some custom
Plugins of my own in Struts 1.2.4 and have had no problems at all with the
upgrade from 1.1.

Are you sure something else isn't going wrong first when you app starts up
so that the PlugIn initialization isn't even being reached. Check the logs.

Notes on upgrading are here:

   http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgrade

Niall