Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/18 02:57:58 UTC

tranql rars for non-free dbs in geronimo?

I'd like to distribute the tranql rars for db2, mysql, and oracle
with geronimo.  These rars need access to the proprietary drivers in
order to compile (or work) but all the code in them is asl2
licensed.  Are there any problems doing this?

thanks
david jencks

Re: tranql rars for non-free dbs in geronimo?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 18, 2007, at 12:18 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> I don't think there is anything wrong with including them.  We
> compile them against the jdbc drivers provided by the vendors but
> don't include the jars themselves.
>
> +1 to the idea.
>
> I'll package up the DB2 one.
>

> On Aug 17, 2007, at 8:57 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> I'd like to distribute the tranql rars for db2, mysql, and oracle
>> with geronimo.  These rars need access to the proprietary drivers
>> in order to compile (or work) but all the code in them is asl2
>> licensed.  Are there any problems doing this?

As long as the license of the tranql jars are ASL or equivalent, I
don't see a problem with this...

--kevan

Re: tranql rars for non-free dbs in geronimo?

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
+1.  I cannot remember how many times people ask this on the user list :)

Lin