Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Scharer, John" <Jo...@avolon.de> on 2000/12/21 16:17:21 UTC

No such method error

I am trying to get the SOAP implementation (examples from XMLApache.org) to
work with Tomcat.  But I keep getting the error message that it can not find
getNamespaceURI from Tomcat.  I have found that this exists in the
xerces.jar file and I have added this jar to the beginning of the Tomcat
classpath when Tomcat starts.  Can anyone give me a tip on how this should
work?  I am pretty sure that the examples should work???

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found

Thanks in advance

John Scharer

Re: No such method error

Posted by bousbaa abdelkebir <bo...@facenet.net.ma>.
you must put xerces.jar before xml.jar in the classpath
/**********************************************/
 Abdelkebir BOUSBAA
FACE INFORMATIQUE
rue Patrice lumumba 47 bis
Rabat Maroc
Tel: (Portable) 061-70-88-52
       (Bureau) 037-66-06-42
fax   037-66-06-43
/**********************************************/

Re: No such method error

Posted by mg...@architag.com.
On 21 Dec 2000, at 16:17, Scharer, John wrote:

> I am trying to get the SOAP implementation (examples from XMLApache.org) to
> work with Tomcat.  But I keep getting the error message that it can not find
> getNamespaceURI from Tomcat.  I have found that this exists in the
> xerces.jar file and I have added this jar to the beginning of the Tomcat
> classpath when Tomcat starts.  Can anyone give me a tip on how this should
> work?

I would suggest double-checking those classpath settings. I don't
remember exactly, but it seems to me that a while back I added
xerces.jar to the classpath, and was getting the same error, then I
found that there was a later line in the tomcat startup file that
overrode my setting.
Matt Gushee                   Consultant
mgushee@architag.com          Architag International
Office: (303) 766-1336 x124   Cell: (303) 941-0759

Leverage your Information Assets: http://architag.com
Learn at Architag University: http://architag.com/university