Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/24 15:22:03 UTC

localPeek and CacheMetrics.getCacheGets

Hello,

I have a question about CacheMetrics.

I am using

   ignite.cache(cacheName).localMetrics();

And in my cache get method, I am using

    entry = igniteCacheHandle.localPeek(key, CachePeekMode.ALL);

And inside CacheMetrics, when I call getCacheGets, I get 0.
Even though, I am positive that I am calling localPeek over 1K per second
per Node

Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to figure this out myself in the Ignite
codebase.

Does localPeek not register as a Cache Get metric??
Is there some other way to gather these metrics?

Thanks,
-- Chris

Re: localPeek and CacheMetrics.getCacheGets

Posted by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!!

Re: localPeek and CacheMetrics.getCacheGets

Posted by "slava.koptilin" <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

IgniteCache#localPeek() method id Apache Ignite specific method
that peeks at in-memory cached value using a provided peek mode.
This method is not a part of JSR 107 Java™ Caching API,
and it is not required that this method meet the specification requirements
[12.4. Statistics Effects of Cache Operations]

> Does localPeek not register as a Cache Get metric?
So, the answer is - No, it does not. You can wrap these calls and calculate
the metric inside a wrapper I think.

Thanks