Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by pe...@gmail.com on 2011/01/14 14:12:56 UTC

Problem with merging

Hi Folks,

i want to merge a branch into trunk. For that i got the first revision
of the branch with (svn log --stop-on-copy => 2854). Now i want to
merge with "svn merge -r 2854:3143 ^/branches/mybranch ." in a trunk
working dir. Svn now tries to merge the trunk not with the newest
files in the branch BUT uses revision 3095 for merging.

My question is, why does svn use the 3095 as branches' "HEAD". This
doesnt make sense to me.

Regards,
Peter

Re: Problem with merging

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 02:53:11PM +0100, peter.schweizer@gmail.com wrote:
> Thx very much, that solved my problem :-)
>
> Strangely, until now i was able to merge branches into trunk without
> this option....

You got lucky. The --reintegrate option is quite important.
See http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-users/201009.mbox/%3C20100929200923.GC7378@ted.stsp.name%3E

Stefan

Re: Problem with merging

Posted by pe...@gmail.com.