Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Bence Takács <ta...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/13 15:23:00 UTC

reading log files with Chainsaw

I'm watching the log files with Chainsaw. The Class, Method, Line fields are
empty. When I watch the logs in the console, it shows all.

Which format should I use in the logfiles if I'd like Chainsaw to display
theese values?
Now I'm using XMLLayout.

Thanks:
   Bence

Re: reading log files with Chainsaw

Posted by Bence Takács <ta...@gmail.com>.
I have the same problem with MDC field too.

Does anybody has a solution for this? What kind of file formats can Chainsaw
read?