Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marcus Ludvigsson <ma...@lubbit.se> on 2013/10/01 16:17:13 UTC

How do I disable GZip compression in Wicket6?

Hi,

In Wicket 1.4.22 I used to be able to disable GZip compression
like this:

WebApplication.getResourceSettings().setDisableGZipCompression(true);

That way seems to be removed in 6 and I can't find anything in the
migration guides regarding this. Have anyone else stumbled upon this and
have any advice?

/Marcus

Marcus Ludvigsson
mobile: +4670 78 10 259

RE: How do I disable GZip compression in Wicket 6?

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
Hey Karl,

Would you kindly update the migration wiki page for the rest of us?

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors

This setting has been removed with 1.5.0.
Wicket does not compress the response anymore.
If compression is needed then the application can use either web container's settings or a custom Servlet Filter.
So you have nothing to do. Just remove this line from your config.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,