Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Eapen <j1...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/10 23:03:25 UTC

Server-Side Asynchronous WebService

Hello -

Using Axis2.

Need some help with implementing a web service method which has asynchronous
behaviour  on the server side.
Is there a good example of this ?  I was reading some docs on the web which
said this requires WS-Addressing to be implemented.I am not sure if that is
still the case.
I see that JAX-WS which Axis 1.4 now supports, has support from Server-Side
Asyn web services.

The client side asynchronous api is great but I this may require a axis 2
client lib. So how would a Perl based web service take advantage of a call
such as these.

Any pointer to doc/sample source code would be great.

The requirement is for the server to sent "notifications" to clients based
on some server events.

Thanks
  John