Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Chow <ec...@macaucabletv.com> on 2003/12/18 03:56:36 UTC

Unexpected output ????

Hello,

I have used Struts(Tiles) since 1.0.
Recently, I found some problem in using Struts+Tomcat4/5.

In one of the JSP, there is a line as following.

In my home page, that is consist with different JSP and defined in Tiles.

One of the page is dynamic generated by JSP Customer Tag, it just select
some data from the database and output.
The problem is that,

Problem:
   - If there isn't any matching data in the database (select nothing) at
the very first time loading.
   - Load again or reload a thousand times ..... NO PROBLEM.

   - Add some records to the database, it will automatic load those data in
the page, CORRECT.
   *** DELETE all the records,  the problem APPEAR !!!!!,    In the original
data display area, it should be display nothing but it always display "Eric
Chow" !!!! Strange !!?????

Un-clever solution:
   - Finally, I changed <html:link page="/index.jsp?tab=4&id=1">Eric
Chow</html:link>
   to <a href="index.jsp&tab=4&id=1">Eric Chow</a>
   ---- NO PROBLEM NOW ----

-- And also, not only this,  if I did the same steps in other similar
functions. It also will display some strange and unexpected output text.
Those strange output text are always be the BODY TAG contents !!!!!!

I am not sure if it is the Struts problem or Tomcat problem.

Eric