Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vasiliy Boulytchev <va...@boulytcheva.com> on 2002/04/26 02:05:56 UTC

apache virtual hosts logging entrees

Ladies and Gents,
    Here's my problem,
        1.)  i need apache create 2 log entrees, one in the MAIN log file, where the server's overall web traffic is stored AND in a domain-specific log file in a separate place.
        2.)  Right now the lines that are #'ded out are the lines that prevent apache from starting up.  Is this because I can't have 2 log files?  Also, by specifying %0 as a directory name, if that directory doesn't exist, will apache create it for me?
    I guess that's about it.  Belive me, I've tried everything.  The only thing that's left is writing the script that will append the MAIN log file and just have one log working.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, LIST

    My server's virtual.conf file looks like this:

VirtualDocumentRoot     /home/webs/%0/htdocs
VirtualScriptAlias      /home/webs/%0/cgi-shl/
ScriptAlias /smail/     /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/
#CustomLog /home/logs/access combined
#CustomLog /home/logs/webalizer_logs/%0/access combined
#VirtualDocumentRoot     /home/webs/%-2.1/%0/htdocs
#VirtualScriptAlias      /home/webs/%-2.1/%0/cgi-shl/

Alias                   /bannertrak/    /home/rlewis/bannertrak/
Alias                   /banners/    /home/rlewis/banners/
Alias                   /usage/      /home/logs/webalizer_logs/%0/

<Location />
   AllowOverride All
   Options +Includes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
   AddHandler server-parsed .htm .html .shtml
   AddType application/x-httpd-cgi cgi
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3
</Location>
<Location /bannertrak>
   DirectoryIndex banners.php3
</Location>
<Directory /home/webs>
   AllowOverride All
   Options +Includes +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
   PerDirSUEXEC On
   DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.cgi
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

THANKS AGAIN

Vasiliy Boulytchev