Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by mp...@s-und-n.de on 2006/05/22 18:20:29 UTC

Problems using both InflowSecurity and OutflowSecurity

Hi all,

thanks Ruchith's fast tip I am now able to combine any actions either in
the InflowSecurity OR the OutflowSecurity.
But if I try and combine both of them, I get a strange behaviour.

The simplest case is the following. Client and Server config are as
follows:
        <parameter name="OutflowSecurity">
          <action>
            <items>Timestamp</items>
          </action>
        </parameter>

        <parameter name="InflowSecurity">
          <action>
            <items>Timestamp</items>
          </action>
        </parameter>

The SOAP-Response contains the following Security Header:

         <wsse:Security
xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd"
soapenv:mustUnderstand="true">
            <wsu:Timestamp
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
wsu:Id="Timestamp-17940412">
               <wsu:Created>2006-05-22T16:03:47.031Z</wsu:Created>
               <wsu:Expires>2006-05-22T16:08:47.031Z</wsu:Expires>
            </wsu:Timestamp>
            <wsse11:SignatureConfirmation
xmlns:wsse11="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2005/xx/oasis-2005xx-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.1.xsd"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
wsu:Id="SigConf-16398807" />
         </wsse:Security>

It is interesting that the response contains a
"SignatureConfirmation"-element (the request does NOT contain one).
Consistently the Client throws the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSHandler: Check
Signature confirmation: got a SC element, but no stored SV; nested
exception is:
        org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Check
Signature confirmation: got a SC element, but no stored SV
        at
org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllReceiver.java:336)
        at
org.apache.axis2.security.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:82)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:381)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:473)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:445)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:355)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:279)
        at
org.apache.ws.axis2.ReverseWSStub.reverseString(ReverseWSStub.java:109)
        at reverseTest.Test.main(Test.java:26)
Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Check
Signature confirmation: got a SC element, but no stored SV
        at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.checkSignatureConfirmation(WSHandler.java:294)
        at
org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllReceiver.java:196)
        ... 8 more

Other errors appear if I combine other actions. As mentioned, everything
works fine if I just configure the security one-way, I can use any
action-order.

Freundliche Grüße / With kind regards
Michael

Re: Problems using both InflowSecurity and OutflowSecurity

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Please add the following to both InflowConfiguration and
OutflowConfiguration in both service and client configs.

<enableSignatureConfirmation>false</enableSignatureConfirmation>

Thanks,
Ruchith

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,