Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/06/09 17:43:29 UTC

bulk fixing svn eol-style?

We have a number of sources that don't have eol-style set to "native"...

This causes problems, eg, patches to such files become degenerate
(remove all lines, add all lines), which of course hides what really
changed.

So... are there any objections if I go through all our sources and set
the eol-style to native?

EG, will this cause conflicts if someone w/ pending changes does "svn
up" after I've done this?  Will anything else "go wrong"?

I'll wait a day or two to do this if there are no objections...

Mike

Re: bulk fixing svn eol-style?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Michael
McCandless<lu...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> So I'll go make the bulk fixes shortly...

OK, done.

Mike

Re: bulk fixing svn eol-style?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Michael
McCandless<lu...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> I am still planning on doing this but was still nervous about the
> impact to anyone holding lots of pending patches against the affected
> files (and haven't managed to up and test it myself).

OK I just confirmed on Collector.java that nothing bad happens if you
svn up a change to native eol-style on sources where you have pending
changes.

Re: bulk fixing svn eol-style?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Sigh, I did have this set up, but then switched to a new env and
forgot to re-instate.

Thanks for the reminder!

I am still planning on doing this but was still nervous about the
impact to anyone holding lots of pending patches against the affected
files (and haven't managed to up and test it myself).

Mike

Re: bulk fixing svn eol-style?

Re: bulk fixing svn eol-style?

Posted by DM Smith <dm...@gmail.com>.
Michael McCandless wrote:
> We have a number of sources that don't have eol-style set to "native"...
>
> This causes problems, eg, patches to such files become degenerate
> (remove all lines, add all lines), which of course hides what really
> changed.
>
> So... are there any objections if I go through all our sources and set
> the eol-style to native?
>
> EG, will this cause conflicts if someone w/ pending changes does "svn
> up" after I've done this?  Will anything else "go wrong"?

The only way this would conflict is if two different people set the same
property at the same time.