Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org> on 2020/04/27 20:24:28 UTC

[VOTE][EXTENSION] Release Apache Ignite Spring Boot extensions 1.0.0 RC1

Dear Community,

I have uploaded a release candidate of the two extension modules `ignite-spring-boot-autoconfigure` and `ignite-spring-boot-client-autoconfigure`.

The following staging can be used for testing:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheignite-1478/

Tag with name `ignite-spring-boot-1.0.0-rc1` created:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-extensions.git;a=commit;h=8b5f2d9143d281b90aceb6f11dabde50db48f6b3

Release 1.0 contains an initial implementation of the modules, please refer to the RELEASE_NOTES:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-extensions.git;a=blob;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;h=e69173583068467b44f5e148151654ade3fe2452;hb=HEAD

Complete list of resolved issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20spring-boot-autoconfigure
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20spring-boot-client-autoconfigure

DEVNOTES
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-extensions.git;a=blob;f=DEVNOTES.txt;h=7f25887adef738db956ae0f70c59839f73965d5f;hb=HEAD

The vote is formal, see voting guidelines
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

+1 - to accept Apache Ignite 2.8.0-rc1
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite Ignite 2.8.0-rc1 (explain why)

See notes on how to verify release here
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html
and https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Release+Process#ReleaseProcess-P5.VotingonReleaseandReleaseVerification

The vote will hold for 72 hours and will end on April 30 2020 20:20 UTC
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200430T2320&p0=166&font=cursive

Re: [VOTE][EXTENSION] Release Apache Ignite Spring Boot extensions 1.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sergei Ryzhov <s....@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best regards,
Sergei Ryzhov

Re: [VOTE][EXTENSION] Release Apache Ignite Spring Boot extensions 1.0.0 RC1

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
OK.

I will rename them and restart the vote.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Nikolay,

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org>.
Nikolay,

I tend to agree with Denis that it's better to have module naming for
which type of Ignite client an appropriate module is built (thin or
thick). But it's minor issue.

Should modules be agnostic to ignite-core versions?
Thus will help us not to rebuild modules each time Apache Ignite
releases a new version, since in general the public API not changed.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Ilya.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Denis.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nikolay,

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Igniters and PMC.

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Maksim Stepachev <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Saikat, Denis.

Thanks for feedback.

> 2. Also this voting is for Apache Ignite Spring Boot extensions 1.0.0 RC1 instead of Apache Ignite Ignite 2.8.0-rc1. Is this correct?

Good catch, thank you.

> As you might remember, we agreed to update the release process [1]

I missed that we agreed on this.
Do we have a vote or something similar for it?
It seems for me, that such requirement can significantly reduce number of extension releases.

Anyway, here is documentation for spring-boot modules:

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikolay,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nikolay,