Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by smashingwebs <br...@smashingwebs.com> on 2002/03/20 01:46:41 UTC

Install tomcat 3.2.3 on Win 98

Hi,

I need help to set up tomcat 3.2.3 on windows 98.
I went to sysedit and put in TOMCAT_HOME = c:\tomcat
into autoexec.bat
I also put in JAVA_HOME = c:\jdk1.3.1_02

But when I try to run tomcat I get the message:

"You must set JAVA_HOME to point at your Java Development Kit Installation"

Is there somewhere else where I should set TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME?

Or is it some other problem?

Can anyone please help me?

Re: Install tomcat 3.2.3 on Win 98

Posted by smashingwebs <br...@smashingwebs.com>.
Thanks Daniel...It worked!

I have been developing a jsp application on my desktop (win 2000)
and now I can further it on my laptop too.....

Best Rgds, Brennan

P.S. I was able to increase the environment memory under the dos prompt
"Properties" button
to 3072. This seems to work ok.....Thanks again!.......

Posted by Daniel Bruce Lynes <dl...@shaw.ca>.