Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Francisco Trindade <fr...@m3tech.com.br> on 2007/08/08 22:29:41 UTC

Database manager application

Is there a good database manager application for Derby?
Im working with ij in text mode, and wanted something more friendly.

Thanks.
Francisco

--
Francisco Trindade
francisco@m3tech.com.br

M3Tech - Tecnologia para o Agronegócio
www.m3tech.com.br

Re: Database manager application

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sp...@gmx.net>.
Francisco Trindade wrote on 08.08.2007 22:29:
> Is there a good database manager application for Derby?
> Im working with ij in text mode, and wanted something more friendly.
>
> Thanks.
> Francisco

There are several listed here:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby#head-df9797cbbfc50b7990efd862bb7779b92df9d087

Thomas

Re: Database manager application

Posted by Imran Hussain <im...@imranweb.com>.
Francisco,

Try JaySQL (www.synametrics.com)

Imran.

Posted by Jon Mirakul <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/07, Francisco Trindade <fr...@m3tech.com.br> wrote:

> Is there a good database manager application for Derby?
> Im working with ij in text mode, and wanted something more friendly.
>
> Thanks.
> Francisco
>
> --
> Francisco Trindade
> francisco@m3tech.com.br
>
> M3Tech - Tecnologia para o Agronegócio
> www.m3tech.com.br

Francisco,

Did you try free and open source SQL Workbench/J (
http://www.sql-workbench.net/index.html) ?
It works fine for me.

Jon.

Re: Database manager application

Posted by Brandon Dohman <br...@eiu.edu>.
Francisco

I have had good luck and excellent ease of usability doing db development with derby inside of netbeans.

Hope that helps.