Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2004/08/18 07:05:53 UTC

[SARE] General Subject update published

Tuesday, August 17, 2004, 7:17:52 AM, I wrote:

RM> I expect to have the General Subject and HTML files done this week.
RM> Header files will be done this week or next. Ratware next week or the
RM> week after.

The General Subject rule updates have been published to the SARE site.

As documented at http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#genlsubj

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj0.cf -- Rules that hit
spam and no ham. Best file of this family.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj1.cf -- Rules that hit
ham but have S/O of 0.900 or higher. Also rules that used to be in file 0
above, but no longer hit significant spam. Also rules that look
promising, but hit only a few spam and no ham. Suitable for most systems.
If used, should be used in conjunction with file 0 above.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj2.cf -- Obfuscation
rules that should never hit ham, but that also don't hit any spam.
Appropriate only for systems with lots of resources.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj3.cf -- Rules that hit
ham, with S/O below 0.900.  Suitable for aggressive systems.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj.cf -- One file that
contains all four files above. Aggressive systems can pull this one file
instead of all four individually.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj_x30.cf -- New file,
containing the rules that duplicate or overlap distribution rules in
SpamAssassin 3.0.0 -- should be used by systems that have not upgraded to
3.0.0

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj_eng.cf -- Rules that
hit well in systems that deal strictly with the English languages, but
that might cause false positives on some systems that receive a lot of
emails in other languages.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_genlsubj_arc.cf -- Rules that
used to be in one of the files above, but that no longer hit any spam, or
that have too poor an S/O to be worth while. Should not be used by anyone
but the most aggressive systems with plenty of resources.  SARE will
review these regularly and revive any that start hitting spam again.

Mass-checks on these final versions should be published by Friday
morning for those interested in the statistics.

Bob Menschel