Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by seanc <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/20 00:16:43 UTC

Axis2 Client, JVM Hangs- Recommended stopgap solution for JIRA AXIS2-935

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-935

I was wondering if anyone had come across a recommended way to work around
the issues listed in this bug. Right now, this causes our JVMs to hang.

In all cases, it seems recommended from a performance and memory standpoint
to cache the ConfigurationContext object, but this issue is more or less a
showstopper if you plan to use either the single or multithreaded HTTPSender
objects for calling your Axis2 server instance.

We basically get a hung JVM once we've crossed some threshold either tied to
pooled httpclient objects or open file descriptors, that sometimes clears
itself. (after an unidentified period of time)

Ideally, it would be great if we could definitively answer this question:
If REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, is there a way to get rid of the CLOSE_WAIT file
descriptors other than garbage collect?

Re: Axis2 Client, JVM Hangs- Recommended stopgap solution for JIRA AXIS2-935

Posted by seanc <se...@gmail.com>.
Martin..

thanks, will certainly try to determine our feasiblity to upgrade to JDK
version listed.

Just for reference, if we had to modify the code itself, what class within
the axis2 stack would we be dealing with in order to patch the code snippet
below? Im assuming something within commons http client?

Sean