Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by William Speirs <ws...@apache.org> on 2014/04/09 18:51:31 UTC

Introducing Croquet: Combining Wicket, Jetty, Hibernate, and Guice

I gave a talk at ApacheCon NA yesterday on Croquet. It is a combination of
Wicket, Jetty, Hibernate, and Guice to make it super-easy to start writing
Wicket code almost immediately, instead of spending time configuring
everything.

Slides:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1m3jdbpYoSBOCPz8Wes9mPvhf8TLp_3dndj_gW08iFL8/
Code: https://github.com/metrink/croquet
Docs: http://croquet.metrink.com

Thanks...

Bill-

Re: Introducing Croquet: Combining Wicket, Jetty, Hibernate, and Guice

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I have attended, it was fun :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Introducing Croquet: Combining Wicket, Jetty, Hibernate, and Guice

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
In our project we have removed Hibernate because it's licence is not AL
compatible
We are using OpenJPA, was not so hard to replace

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Introducing Croquet: Combining Wicket, Jetty, Hibernate, and Guice

Posted by Chris Snyder <ch...@biologos.org>.
I agree that JPA can be clunky. I have found the CriteriaBuilder way of
building queries to be manageable (if a bit verbose). So far, I’ve used JQL
queries (defined in @NamedQuery annotations) for the queries that have a
well-defined structure, and CriteriaBuilder for the more complex cases
(such as filtering by a user-defined set of parameters). My use cases have
been relatively simple, though.

-Chris

Posted by William Speirs <ws...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
what do you think about JOOQ ?

Posted by William Speirs <ws...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Snyder <ch...@biologos.org>.

--
Chris Snyder
Web Developer, BioLogos

Re: Introducing Croquet: Combining Wicket, Jetty, Hibernate, and Guice

Posted by Bill Speirs <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Snyder <ch...@biologos.org>.