Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/26 11:42:58 UTC

[maven-scr-plugin] Abstract and Inherited Descriptors

Hi all,

The maven-scr-plugin allows creating abstract descriptors (OSGi DS
descriptors are only created internally for inheritance) and inherited
descriptors (part of the OSGi DS descriptor may be inherited from base
classes). This functionality is controlled with the following attributes
of the @scr.component tag:

   * abstract: create abstract descriptor if true, default: false
   * inherit: inherit from base class (descriptor) if true, default:
false

I think, these defaults should be changed as follows:

   * abstract: default true if class is abstract, default false if class
is concrete
   * inherit: default to true, must be explicitly set to false

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

Re: [maven-scr-plugin] Abstract and Inherited Descriptors

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The maven-scr-plugin allows creating abstract descriptors (OSGi DS
> descriptors are only created internally for inheritance) and inherited
> descriptors (part of the OSGi DS descriptor may be inherited from base
> classes). This functionality is controlled with the following attributes
> of the @scr.component tag:
>
>    * abstract: create abstract descriptor if true, default: false
>    * inherit: inherit from base class (descriptor) if true, default:
> false
>
> I think, these defaults should be changed as follows:
>
>    * abstract: default true if class is abstract, default false if class
> is concrete
>    * inherit: default to true, must be explicitly set to false
>
> WDYT ?

Yes, makes totally sense to me - I always wanted to change the "inherit"
flag as well, but dared to touch it :)

I can take care of this.

Carsten

--