Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2015/07/29 08:54:15 UTC

[FlexJS][FalconJX] Flat Theme for FlexJS

Hi,

I just pushed the changes to get parts of a Flat theme working in FlexJS.
This shows one way folks will be able to swap in different component sets
and visuals in FlexJS.

First, check out the latest (non-Flat) DataBindingTest demo here:
SWF: http://s.apache.org/vaa
HTML/JS/CSS: http://s.apache.org/MQT

Then, check out the Flat version here:
SWF: http://s.apache.org/wna
HTML/JS/CSS: http://s.apache.org/pz9

The only difference between the source for the two examples is that the
Flat version uses a different MXML namespace that points to the Flat
component set in flat.swc, and adds the -theme compiler option to point at
that swc.  Everything else is the same.

The non-Flat version uses components in HTML.swc that mimic the built-in
HTML controls.  Some visual aspects of built-in HTML controls are not
modifiable via CSS.  To modify more of the visuals and control the visuals
from CSS, heavier, more complex components are required.  That’s what is
in the flat swc.  The flat swc borrows lots of CSS from FlatUI and maps it
to a more complex sub-tree of HTML widgets and JavaScript that emulate a
fully CSS style-able RadioButton and other controls.  A future project is
to beef up the CSS support in AS so that, for example, Bootstrap sub-trees
can be implemented and styled with CSS directly from FlatUI.  Volunteers
to do that are welcome.

I think this also shows that some other component set can implement
sub-trees that accept FXG on the AS side and SVG on the JS side to allow
non-styleable vector graphic skinning.

You will be able to download a developer build of the compiler and
framework behind all of this once Infra fixes our website build system.
If you can’t wait, grab the repos.

There are, of course bugs and some visual differences that need ironing
out.  And more components need their visuals cleaned up.  Volunteers are
welcome.

Hope you like it,
-Alex

Re: [FlexJS][FalconJX] Flat Theme for FlexJS

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Great to see some styling coming to FlexJS. Congrats Alex!
Really cool examples!

:)

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

oficinas c/ Tres Creus, nº 104, 2-1, 08202 de Sabadell (Barcelona) con la
documentación necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS][FalconJX] Flat Theme for FlexJS

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

> I think this also shows that some other component set can implement
> sub-trees that accept FXG on the AS side and SVG on the JS side to allow
> non-styleable vector graphic skinning.

SVG is completely styleable via CSS :-)

I going to try and find some time to implement my SVG skinning idea soon.
I hope to build on top of the styling sub-system already in place.

> You will be able to download a developer build of the compiler and
> framework behind all of this once Infra fixes our website build system.
> If you can’t wait, grab the repos.
>
> There are, of course bugs and some visual differences that need ironing
> out.  And more components need their visuals cleaned up.  Volunteers are
> welcome.
>
> Hope you like it,

Loved it!  :-)

Thanks,