Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Graziano, Michael" <mg...@tkusa.com> on 2000/10/06 21:51:53 UTC

Problem with a Servlet invoking a Corba-based object

To all,

I have just starting using Tomcat as my servlet containing and things were
going well until I needed the
servlet to use a Corba-based object in order to communicate with a legacy
C++ application.  When I
invoke one of the methods of the interface I get the following Tomcat
console messge:

org.omg.CORBA.NO_IMPLEMENT:   minor code: 0  completed: No
        at org.omg.CORBA.portable.Delegate.releaseReply(Delegate.java:328)
        at
org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._releaseReply(ObjectImpl.java:260)
        at
GESExample.SPModule._SPInterfaceStub.getQuickPrice(_SPInterfaceStub.j
ava, Compiled Code)
        at GESExample.client.runGetQuickPrice(client.java:126)
        at GESExampleServlet.service(GESExampleServlet.java:29)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:597)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java
:257)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Has anyone successfully integrated Corba object and servlets on Tomcat?  I
am using the
Orbix 2000 product by Iona.  I am awaiting feedback from them.

Any clues?

Thx & Rgds,

mjg (mgraziano@tkusa.com ; 203-353-8100 x277)