Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/27 06:49:55 UTC

coming conflicts

Devs,
There are two PRs [1][2] to be merged soon that have several hundreds of
files involved. One is to unify the line-endings and the other one to
(finaly) upgrade log4j. please beware that this is going to cause you to
resolve conflicts in your PRs.

regards,

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7083
[2] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/7131

--
Daan

Re: coming conflicts

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
I see 7083 is merged already, and the changes would be limited to conflicts only if somebody doesn't follow the new convention on having the file ending with newline or not.

On 7131, I've added some comments. I'm more concerned about its risks and rewards, compared to the merge conflicts it may cause. If we're doing the log4j upgrade, should this also consider other related dependencies such as gson?

Thanks and regards.

this might cause a lot of work when merge 4.17/4.18 into main branch as well

Re: coming conflicts

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.