Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Nikunj Thakkar <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/12 16:44:39 UTC

Drill query on empty directory fails

I'm dynamically generating sql queries based on time range provided. My
query module doesn't know if data exist on particular path or not. In case
drill encounters empty directory it fails the scan showing parse error. Is
it expected behavior? Shouldn't it result into no records found?

Also Can I specify file type to consider for scan when I'm querying top
level directory?

Re: Drill query on empty directory fails

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nikunj,

This is a known issue and there are JIRAs filed for variants of it (empty
file, empty directory, bad records, ...).

To query specific file types, you could try using regex, but i don't think
it works across nested directories.

-Abhishek

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Nikunj Thakkar <nikunjthakkar1992@gmail.com