Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/11/22 19:58:44 UTC

[VOTE RESULTS]: Xerces-J 2.9.0 Release on Wednesday, November 22nd

The vote to release Xerces-J 2.9.0 resulted in 8 +1 votes (5 from PMC
members, 3 from other Xerces committers) and no other votes:

+1 by:
- David Cargill (PMC)
- Neil Delima
- Sandy Gao
- Michael Glavassevich (PMC)
- Alberto Massari (PMC)
- Peter McCracken
- Gareth Reakes (PMC)
- Jason Stewart (PMC)

The release should be up on the mirror sites early this evening.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Michael Glavassevich/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 11/20/2006 09:57:32 AM:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Xalan is going to be having its first release [1] in over a year this
> upcoming Friday. This will be including the long awaited Xalan based DOM

> Level 3 serializer. There are a few changes [2] which need to go into
> Xerces to enable this support, so we need to have a release ahead of
Xalan
> 2.7.1. So that Xalan can pick-up these changes in time for their
release,
> I propose we have a Xerces-J 2.9.0 release this Wednesday (November
22nd)
> which includes the new shared serializer and deprecates the old Xerces
> one. This also gives us an opportunity to move up to the latest JAXP 1.3

> APIs from xml-commons (and hopefully v1.2 of the resolver).
>
> Please have your vote in by 12:00 PM EST on Wednesday.
>
> To start, here's my +1.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xalan-dev&m=116384070614284&w=2
> [2]
> http://svn.apache.

org/viewvc/xerces/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xerces/dom/CoreDOMImplementationImpl.