Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Gareth Reakes <ga...@parthcomp.com> on 2006/05/16 17:26:53 UTC

postgres stored procedure sql task problem

Hi all,

	I am having a problem sucking in a stored procedure. I works fine on
the command line to psql but gives the error

  org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: unterminated dollar-quoted
string at or near
$update_track_rating_average$

    DECLARE
         current_average_rating            FLOAT"

The first few lines of the stored procedure are:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION update_track_rating_average() RETURNS TRIGGER
AS $update_track_rating_average$

    DECLARE
         current_average_rating            FLOAT;
         number_of_ratings                 BIGINT;
	old_rating                        SMALLINT;
	new_rating                        SMALLINT;
     BEGIN

	-- get current average rating / number of ratings
	SELECT INTO current_average_rating average_rating FROM tracks WHERE
track_id = OLD.track_id;
         SELECT INTO number_of_ratings ratings FROM tracks WHERE
track_id = OLD.track_id;

         -- rating removed / updated
         IF (TG_OP = 'DELETE' OR TG_OP = 'UPDATE') THEN

I have played with delimiter, delimitertype, escapeprocessing and
keepformat with no luck. Can anyone offer some advice?

Cheers,

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com