Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2009/02/11 18:37:15 UTC

c++ broker changes that might affect windows

I added a function AsynchIO::stopReading() in revision 743416 to fix a race
condition with read-credit on Linux and a no-op implementation for windows.

This shouldn't cause any change to existing windows behaviour. I'm raising it in
case anyone wants to investigate whether windows has the same race. At the
moment only the cluster uses read credit so it's somewhat hypothetical on
windows. If someone wants to investigate I can give details of the race and
pointers on writing a cluster-free test case for it.

Apologies in advance if I broke the windows build, I'm almost certain I didn't.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: c++ broker changes that might affect windows

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Alan,

> I added a function AsynchIO::stopReading() in revision 743416
> to fix a race
> condition with read-credit on Linux and a no-op
> implementation for windows.

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

> This shouldn't cause any change to existing windows
> behaviour. I'm raising it in
> case anyone wants to investigate whether windows has the same
> race. At the
> moment only the cluster uses read credit so it's somewhat
> hypothetical on
> windows. If someone wants to investigate I can give details
> of the race and
> pointers on writing a cluster-free test case for it.

Ok - it would be nice to investigate this soon.

> Apologies in advance if I broke the windows build, I'm almost
> certain I didn't.

You didn't.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org