Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães <rp...@yahoo.com.br> on 2008/07/24 16:47:43 UTC

Portability policy

Hi,

the company I work for is making a great effort to ensure that its applications have a high level of portability. In practice, in a first stage, it means that all web applications must produce its contents in XHTML 1.0 Transitional, but taking in consideration W3C compatibility guidelines, which you can read at http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/guidelines.html.

I've been testing MyFaces and it seems that it produces contents that passes the W3C's validator tests, but I didn't find any information in MyFaces website that states a clear policy that states the MyFaces commitment to portability or a certain specification. So, I ask: do you have some kind of policy? Can you make it public or more formal?

Thanks,
Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.
http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses

Re: Portability policy

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> the company I work for is making a great effort to ensure that its applications have a high level of portability. In practice, in a first stage, it means that all web applications must produce its contents in XHTML 1.0 Transitional, but taking in consideration W3C compatibility guidelines, which you can read at http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/guidelines.html.
>
> I've been testing MyFaces and it seems that it produces contents that passes the W3C's validator tests, but I didn't find any information in MyFaces website that states a clear policy that states the MyFaces commitment to portability or a certain specification. So, I ask: do you have some kind of policy? Can you make it public or more formal?

The MyFaces project does not have many official "policies", other than
that the JSF core implementations pass the sun TCK.

XHTML compliance is recognised as a good thing to have, but there is no
specific commitment to it, and no test suite that checks for it, unless
the Sun TCK does that (and I'm pretty sure it does not).

Regards,
Simon