Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/02/07 22:01:54 UTC

[site][naming] Did I use the proper description

Phil,

In the sitedocs I used the following as a high level description of
the naming side of things.  I don't know if this fits so let me know.
He're what I wrote for it a while back:

"There is a set of core functionality common to all JNDI providers and JNDI
does not necessarily revolve around LDAP and X.500 directories. The naming
subproject will contain common JNDI code along with various JNDI provider's.
A J2EE ENC, environment naming context would be one implementation. If
you're looking to build a JNDI provider you might want to take a look in
here before proceeding."

Alex

Re: [site][naming] Did I use the proper description

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Phil,
>
> In the sitedocs I used the following as a high level description of
> the naming side of things.  I don't know if this fits so let me know.
> He're what I wrote for it a while back:
>
> "There is a set of core functionality common to all JNDI providers and JNDI
> does not necessarily revolve around LDAP and X.500 directories. The naming
> subproject will contain common JNDI code along with various JNDI provider's.
> A J2EE ENC, environment naming context would be one implementation. If
> you're looking to build a JNDI provider you might want to take a look in
> here before proceeding."
>
> Alex

Looks fine to me. I will edit the minimal doc that I added to make it
consistent w/ this.

Phil