Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Morris Jr, David P" <da...@lmco.com> on 2011/02/03 21:24:51 UTC

CXF handling for mustUnderstand=true

How does CXF handle mustUnderstand=true? Can someone send me a link?

In metro you write SOAPHandler class that implements SOAPHandler, then write a concrete method for the public Set<QName> getHeaders() and return a HashSet with the QName of the elements.

Thanks in advance!

RE: EXTERNAL: Re: CXF handling for mustUnderstand=true

Posted by "Morris Jr, David P" <da...@lmco.com>.
Thanks! We extended AbstractSoapInterceptor and overridden the public Set<QName> getUnderstoodHeaders() method.

On Thursday 03 February 2011 3:24:51 pm Morris Jr, David P wrote:
> How does CXF handle mustUnderstand=true? Can someone send me a link?
>
> In metro you write SOAPHandler class that implements SOAPHandler, then
> write a concrete method for the public Set<QName> getHeaders() and return
> a HashSet with the QName of the elements.

That's a standard JAX-WS handler and would work fine with CXF as well.  It's
not the IDEAL way to do it, but it would work.   The SOAPHandlers in JAXWS
will break the streaming so it's not really recommended.

In CXF, we have SoapInterceptor which accomplishes much of the same, but
allows it to not break the streaming.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: CXF handling for mustUnderstand=true

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.