Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Chen He <ai...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/06 02:12:12 UTC

Question about connector rebalancing

Hi Kafka experts

I have a question about connector rebalancing issue. Why don't we make it
option, I mean have a parameter that turn on/off it instead of having it as
a must?

We can have a parameter like: "connector.rebalancing.enable" parameter and
make it as "true" by default. It allows users to turn it off if they want.

There are some cases that connector rebalancing is not needed.

Regards!

Chen

Re: Question about connector rebalancing

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Can you use stand-alone mode in that case?

--
*Gwen Shapira*
Product Manager | Confluent