Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by jtao <jt...@cysive.com> on 2001/03/26 16:28:12 UTC

Why does the importNode method raise namespace exception?

Hi,

I used to use Xerces1.0.3. It worked just fine.  When I moved to Xerces
1.3.0, the importNode method
raised a namespace exception when the imported node has namespace.
Internally, the importNode call
createElementNS, and this method raises the exception.  Why?

Re: Why does the importNode method raise namespace exception?

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
jtao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used to use Xerces1.0.3. It worked just fine.  When I moved to Xerces
> 1.3.0, the importNode method
> raised a namespace exception when the imported node has namespace.
> Internally, the importNode call
> createElementNS, and this method raises the exception.  Why?

How about: because there is a bug? ;-)
The good news is that it's already been reported and fixed. Just grab
the new version: 1.3.1.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group