Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Desimpel, Ignace" <Ig...@nuance.com> on 2013/12/03 14:44:50 UTC

Commitlog replay makes dropped and recreated keyspace and column family rows reappear

Hi,

I have the impression that there is an issue with dropping a keyspace and then recreating the keyspace (and column families), combined with a restart of the database

My test goes as follows:

Create keyspace K and column families C.
Insert rows X0 column family  C0
Query for X0 : found rows : OK
Drop keyspace K
Query for X0 : found no rows : OK

Create keyspace K and column families C.
Insert rows X1 column family  C1
Query for X0 : not found : OK
Query for X1 : found : OK

Stop the Cassandra database
Start the Cassandra database
Query for X1 : found : OK
Query for X0 : found : NOT OK !

Did someone tested this scenario?

Using : CASSANDRA VERSION 2.02, thrift, java 1.7.x, centos

Ignace Desimpel

Re: Commitlog replay makes dropped and recreated keyspace and column family rows reappear

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Do you have the logs from after the restart ?
Did it include a "Drop Keyspace…” INFO level message ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton