Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shahed <sh...@enoor.com> on 2000/08/23 21:38:27 UTC

JSP compile creates HUGE java file

I am running tomcat on Solaris 7.

When I try and run any of the jsp pages in the example directory
in StandAlone mode (on port 8080), I get a .java file in the
work directory that keeps on growing.

Any idea whats going on ?

I did get it to work the very first time I started tomcat, but
later, after I deleted everyting under work and restarted tomcat,
I run into this problem.

Thanks
Shahed

Re: JSP compile creates HUGE java file

Posted by paul campbell <se...@halcyon.com>.
Similiar problem but not the same.
build dist # for webapp
creates jar and war files, that get
humgeous. I've taken to deleting them
before build and they work. Is this
versioning?

Re: Using Xerces.jar

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Graeme Wallace wrote:

> I apologize in advance for this, as there must have been requests before. I
> couldnt find
> anything in the mail archives that addressed this directly.
>
> If I want to use xerces.jar with a web application running under 3.1 how do
> I do it ?

My understanding of the short answer is "you don't".  Tomcat 3.1 expects to see
the "xml.jar" parser on the class path and, even if you stick Xerces under
WEB-INF/lib the classes from xml.jar with the same names override them -- which
causes problems.

Under 3.2, you can install Xerces as your JAXP-compliant parser by putting
xerces.jar (version 1.1.3 or later) on your classpath, instead of "jaxp.jar"
and "parser.jar" from the JAXP reference implementation.

> regards,
>
> Graeme Wallace

Craig McClanahan

Using Xerces.jar