Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Mike Wertheim <mw...@hyperreal.org> on 2010/06/24 21:19:05 UTC

JCS vs ehcache

I need to add a cache to my java app, and I've narrowed down the
selection to either JCS or ehcache.

ehcache seems to be doing fairly regular releases, but it looks like
the most recent JCS release was over a year ago.  So I'm wondering if
JCS is being actively maintained.  (And if JCS is not being actively
maintained, I'm wondering if this is a concern for any of you.)

Second, does anyone have experience with both ehcache and JCS?
Perhaps you used ehcache on a project at one organization and used JCS
on a project at another organization?  Or perhaps you migrated from
one to the other?  If so, I'd love to hear if there are significant
pros or cons for either package.

Thanks!
Mike Wertheim

Re: JCS vs ehcache

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Aaron,

On 21.07.10 20:55, Aaron Smuts wrote:
> We do need to release the current temp build as 1.4.  Then we can get rid of concurrent and make a minor release.  After that, perhaps we can move to using 1.5 features.

I would be happy if you were willing to do the release yourself. I offer
all help you'll need.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: JCS vs ehcache

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
We do need to release the current temp build as 1.4.  Then we can get rid of concurrent and make a minor release.  After that, perhaps we can move to using 1.5 features.

Aaron

Posted by Al Forbes <fo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,