Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ramachandran Vilayannur <vp...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/21 06:48:37 UTC

Hadoop example command.

Hi
 The command,
 bin/hadoop jar -v hadoop-examples-0.20.203.0.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z]+'
returns without error in Cygwin. However the output directory is not
created....Any help in identifying the problem is much appreciated.
Sitaraman

Re: Hadoop example command.

Posted by Ramachandran Vilayannur <vp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rishi,
 Thanks for looking into this...
  I am just trying to set things up to begin playing around and  i got
the command from http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.18.3/quickstart.html
When i run it, the command simply returns silently no messages on the
console...if you could point me to how to enable and look at logs that
would be helpful..
Thanks
Sitaraman

Re: Hadoop example command.