Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/01/24 10:00:01 UTC

White paper on OS CMS

see page 13 on Apache Lenya

http://www.optaros.com/pdf/optaros_cmsReport_012206_sgg.pdf

We can certainly learn a lot from Seth Gottlieb's white paper.

Also I think we should send some feedback to Seth Gottlieb about stuff which
is wrong (some might depend on the perception) and he will hopefully fix.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: White paper on OS CMS

Posted by so...@apache.org.
I noticed the following description of Lenya while evangelizing on Slashdot:
http://cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix?func=viewDetail&listingId=1123

I think there are several mistakes: Root Access, Email Verification,
Database Replication.

Also, the NOs in the chart give us a list of possible enhancements.

solprovider

Re: White paper on OS CMS

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 1/24/06, Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
> see page 13 on Apache Lenya
> http://www.optaros.com/pdf/optaros_cmsReport_012206_sgg.pdf

This paper is being discussed on Slashdot:
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/25/067256

A loud portion of Slashdot's audience is programmers in college who
like Open Source.  Many of Lenya's customers are colleges.  A few
pro-Lenya posts could increase our customer base, and many of those
new customers would enjoy helping with development to to increase the
developer-to-user ratio.  Anybody have some marketing material that
would fit into Slashdot's blog format?

solprovider