Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Doherty, Sean" <se...@xelus.com> on 2003/10/02 15:15:07 UTC

RE: Jetspeed with an Object Oriented DB for managing users and ro les.

We haven't used an OODB, but we do have a company J2EE-based infrastructure
that provides  security for all our applications.  I wrote adapters to
delegate the Jetspeed security requests to our infrastructure.

I needed to provide implementations for the PortalAuthentication,
GroupManagment, PermissionManagement, RoleManagement, UserManagement, and
CredentialManagement (these last two were implemented by a single class).
For these interfaces, I created a class that extended the TurbineBaseService
class and implemented the appropriate interface(s).  I wound up with the
following classes (XelusAuthentication, XelusGroupManagement,
XelusPermissionManagement, XelusRoleManagement, and XelusUserManagement.

I also needed to create a XelusUser class that extends the
org.apache.turbine.om.security.SecurityObject class implements the
JetspeedUser interface to map it to our infrastructure's SecurityPrincipal
class.

I also needed to create a XelusJetspeedSecurityService class that extends
the JetspeedDBSecurityService class to delegate disabled account checking to
our infrastructure.

You specify your replacement classes in the JetspeedSecurity.properties file
in the WEB-INF/conf.  Since the last definition wins, we created an override
section at the end (to make future updates easier).

Hope this helps -- it sounds like a lot but it wasn't too bad.

Regards,
Sean Doherty

Posted by Dariush Behboudi <da...@glamm.com>.
Hi,
I'm searching for a form manager to build in a easy way contact forms, to
include in a portlet?
Can someone suggest me any platform?
Cheers, Dariush,