Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by "박영근 (Alex)" <al...@nexr.com> on 2011/08/30 03:50:38 UTC

NodeExistsException when creating a znode with sequential and ephemeral mode

Hi, all

I met a problem of NodeExistsException when creating a znode with sequential
and ephemeral mode.
the number of total test was 6442314 and 797 errors had occurred.

The related log message is as in the following:
2011-08-27 16:26:17,559 - INFO  [ProcessThread:-1:PrepRequestProcessor@407][]
- Got user-level KeeperException when processing sessionid:0x2320911802a0002
type:create cxid:0x1246d7 zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown
reqpath:n/a Error
Path:/NexR/MasteElection/__rwLock/readLock-lssm07-0005967078
Error:KeeperErrorCode = NodeExists for
/NexR/MasteElection/__rwLock/readLock-lssm07-0005967078

The sequential number would be created by increasing parent's Cversion in
the PrepRequestProcess.
So, I guess that this problem was caused by inconsistency of parent znode.

Our test scenario is very aggressive:
The grinder agent sends a request of creating a znode of
CreateMode. SEQUENTIAL_EPHEMERAL.
three number of servers compose ensemble.
each NIC of server is down and up repeatedly;
NIC of server1 become down every one minute and sleeping for 9 seconds, then
up
NIC of server2 become down every 2 minute and sleeping for 9 seconds, then
up
NIC of server3 become down every 3 minute and sleeping for 9 seconds, then
up

while the probability of error occurrence is 0.0001 as mentioned above,
if the ZooKeeper cannot guarantee the consistency, it is  a fatal.

Is there any idea or related issue?

thanks in advance.

alex.

Re: sync()

Posted by nicholas harteau <n...@hep.cat>.
Yeah, I just found that.   Unfortunately we use the the zkperl bindings, which in turn use the single-threaded C client library, where sync() doesn't seem to be implemented.

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1167 to track.

--
n@hep.cat l^o

Re: sync()

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: sync()

Posted by nicholas harteau <n...@hep.cat>.

--
n@hep.cat (>^-^)>

Re: sync()

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
All reads.

Re: sync()

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com>.

Re: sync()

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: NodeExistsException when creating a znode with sequential and ephemeral mode

Posted by "박영근 (Alex)" <al...@nexr.com>.
Camille

We applied the patch (ZOOKEEPER-1046-for333) to our SUT.
There was no error.

Thanks

alex

2011년 8월 30일 오전 11:19, 박영근(Alex) <al...@nexr.com>님의 말: