Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2013/01/28 01:56:09 UTC

ResourceMetaData "uuid" field

Hi everybody,

I noticed there is a UUID field in the ResourceMetaData interface. What is it good for? Is that something that is set at dynamically at runtime or is that something somebody would actually want to configure statically in a descriptor?

Cheers,

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: ResourceMetaData "uuid" field

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
> Hi everybody,
>
> I noticed there is a UUID field in the ResourceMetaData interface. What is it good for? Is that something that is set at dynamically at runtime or is that something somebody would actually want to configure statically in a descriptor?

This seems to be unused, except for (perhaps) making every resource have a
unique-ness (e.g., be not "equal" to another resource).  The code has several
place where if the value of this field is null, it sets it to a UUID.

But there's no use that I can see.

The "reference" documentation does not mention this.  And I couldn't see a
reference to this in the OASIS UIMA spec.

-Marshall