Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 10:15:18 UTC

Re: How to host a web services (axis based) inside ServiceMix

On 9/25/07, Tof <ch...@hp.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a tomcat webapp i want to 'port' on ServiceMix.
> The webservice part is managed by a Axis servlet.
> What is the recommended way to do this ?
>
> I already saw that i could either use the http BC + jsr 181 (In that case i
> stop using axis and adapt code to match jsr 181 webservice implementation)
> or configure the http bc to be proxyRouter (my real implementation is always
> done in the external webserver).
>
> So my question is:  can i embed axis in service mix perhaps linked to http
> bc to perform the saop encding/decoding ?
> If this is possible what and where do you provide the axis configuration in
> serviceMix ?

There is no way to simply configure Axis in ServiceMix. This is
because there is not a component in ServiceMix for web services that
is based on Axis. Folks have always used the servicemix-jsr181
component (which is based on XFire) for hosting web services inside of
ServiceMix. The only reason there is no component for Axis is because
nobody has ever stepped up to write one. So I'd recommend either using
the servicemix-jsr181 component or even the new CXF components.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/