Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> on 2009/04/27 23:36:14 UTC

Buildr 1.3.4 Released

Apache Buildr <http://buildr.apache.org/index.html> is a build system for
Java-based applications, including support for Scala, Groovy and a growing
number of JVM languages and tools.  Buildr is a domain-specific language and
set of extensions to Rake
<http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/rake.html>(the Ruby make tool)
combining concepts from Maven2 (such as projects,
artifacts, repositories and default layout), existing Ant tasks and the
native scripting abilities of Ruby.

What's New in Buildr 1.3.4?

   - We graduated from the Apache Incubator! This is our first release as a
   top-level Apache project: http://buildr.apache.org. New site, new mailing
   lists, SVN, Git, etc.
   - Support for Git version control system
   - Improved all-around Scala support, including joint Java-Scala
   compilation and upgraded to Scala 2.7.3 dependencies: ScalaSpecs 1.4.3,
   ScalaCheck 1.5 and ScalaTest 0.9.5
   - New ‘artifacts:sources’ task to download source code for artifact jars
   - Source code attachments for external dependencies in Eclipse and
IDEAprojects
   - Dependency upgrades such as Rake 0.8.4, Net-SSH 2.0.11, RSpec 1.2.2,
   JRuby 1.1.6.
   - Documentation now uses Jekyll <http://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/> to
   generate web site and PDF document. This replaces Docter so less code to
   maintain and the same Textile/Liquid mechanism as when using Github
   pages.
   - And 20 or so bug fixes.

See the CHANGELOG <http://buildr.apache.org/CHANGELOG> for full details.

Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de>.
Great, congrats!

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Grotzke
http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/

Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de>.
Great, congrats!

Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com> wrote:

> Same feelings here, more so because of the lack of code activity.

Trolls! <http://www.chantal-store.it/img/wall/troll01.jpg>

boisvert@sixtine:~/svn/buildr-trunk$ svn log -r{2009-01-01}:HEAD -q | grep
-v \\-\-\- | wc
    180    1980   11487

180 commits since January 1st;  that's 1.5 commits/day.

Rumors of Buildr's death are greatly exaggerated :)

alex

Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com>.

peter schröder wrote:

> Nice! I just recently thought that buildr was a dead end, cause there
> was no activity on the mailing-list.
Same feelings here, more so because of the lack of code activity.

Congrats!

Ittay

--
Tikal <http://www.tikalk.com>
Tikal Project <http://tikal.sourceforge.net>

Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released

Posted by peter schröder <ps...@blau.de>.
Hi Alex,

yes, you are right about my question. I would appreciate to have a
look into the upcoming stuff you are working on for that. We already
developed a small jruby build-app that uses ivy to resolve build-
artifacts. So there is not a big step of integrating it into buildr.
Its more an issue of migrating 30+ Libraries to work with that stuff...

Kind Regards,
Peter

_________________________________

Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released