Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ad...@apache.org on 2007/07/07 01:49:31 UTC

svn commit: r554092 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/txt: TXTFOEventHandlerMaker.java TXTHandler.java

Author: adelmelle
Date: Fri Jul  6 16:49:30 2007
New Revision: 554092

Log:
Removal of unused classes ?

Removed:
    xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/txt/TXTFOEventHandlerMaker.java
    xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/txt/TXTHandler.java

Re: svn commit: r554092 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/txt: TXTFOEventHandlerMaker.java TXTHandler.java

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Unused, yes, because I seem to have screwed up.

The TXTHandler was added as part of Sergey Simonchik's patch #37253,
applied with revision:

Then, during refactoring for dynamic Renderer and FOEventHandler
configuration, the TXTHandler got lost:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/RendererFactory.java?r1=332141&r2=332549&diff_format=h

The TXTRenderer does work without the TXTHandler. I never really
understood what exactly the TXTHandler tweaks to make the
text output better.

At least, we have now reconnected the pieces in the mail-archive if this
needs to be restored at some point.

I wonder how many people actually use the text renderer. Apparently
quite a few since we get question about it every now and then. If I had
time, I'd do a comparison of the output with and without the TXTHandler.
But in a few months things will look different...

> On Jul 7, 2007, at 01:49, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> > Author: adelmelle
> > Date: Fri Jul  6 16:49:30 2007
> > New Revision: 554092

> > Log:
> > Removal of unused classes ?
> >
> > Removed:
> >     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/txt/
> > TXTFOEventHandlerMaker.java
> >     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/txt/
> > TXTHandler.java
>
> Hope nobody minds. As Richard Wheeldon rightly points out in Bugzilla
> 41044, those classes aren't used anyway. Probably part of the old
> implementation?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andreas

Jeremias Maerki